Friday, July 15, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa "in the Pink Shirt"

My kids distinguish between their sets of grandparents my calling Jason's parents Grandma and Grandpa in the blue shirt and calling my parents Grandma and Grandpa in the pink shirt. Tab started this years ago I assume by a recollection of the color shirt each respective grandma had been wearing at some point in time. For the record my dad corrects them each time they call him Grandpa in the pink shirt. He claims he never wears pink and let's them know that he is currently wearing a green shirt or what have you. They just shrug it off and continue to call him grandpa in the pink shirt. I suppose one day one of them will have to give in.

Anway, we recently were visiting Grandma and Grandpa in the Pink shirt. The kids had a blast playing outside with all of their lawn toys and water and mostly with grandma's baby chicks. Tab was quite the helper with them. (I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of them with the chicks, which Paisley refused to call chicks and would only call birdies.)Paisley spent a fair amount of time in just her skinnies. Who needs clothes when it is so hot. She really enjoys swinging and so grandma indulged her quite regularly.

No comments: