Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Lightning Bugs

Tab got to see lightning bugs for the first time while we were in Pennsylvania. He thought that they were the coolest thing in the world. I can't say that I disagree. I think they pretty much rock myself. My mom kept getting after us because we put him to bed before it got dark when the lightning bugs came out. So we let him stay up one night and he was in heaven. I have to say, it is quite the glorious sight to look off into my parent's back yard and see a million little butts lighting up. Ok, so glorious and lit up butts don't belong in the same sentence, but you catch my drift.

Jarom, Jason and myself may have very well had as much fun as Tab did chasing around the little buggers.
DSC02615

Tab was so thrilled to have caught so many. He was, however, equally sad when grandpa told him that he had to let them go before he went to bed. I assured him that they would be back another night for him to catch again.
DSC02616

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how fun!! My kids and I were just reading a book about lightening bugs and they were fasinated.