Saturday, November 15, 2008

If I've told you once...

I've told you a thousand times, the stove is hot! I guess Tab finally decided that he needed to discover for himself just how hot the burners on the stove are. I was cooking dinner and had just taken a pot off of the stove and Tab reached up and grabbed the burner. (I think he was trying to use it to climb up to try to unlock the fridge). I saw out of the corner of my eye and yelled, but I wasn't quick enough.
I would like to say that he has learned his lesson, but he has a way of needing to learn things the hard way more than once.

8 comments:

The Oscarsons said...

Poor guy, I hope he wasnt burned to bad. He looks so much like daddy!

Julie and Zane Family! said...

Oh so sad! I want to know who was taking pictures! Jackson did the same thing with the lawn mower engine over the summer. Now if you mention somthing is hot he normally stays three feet away from it!

DeAnne said...

Ouch! I hope his hand feels better soon!

The McQueen and airplane posts are cute! It is so fun to watch their personalities emerge and develop.

Megan said...

Oh that is so sad, poor little guy! Sawyer has burned himself on a light bulb (badly) and my flat iron...he isn't quite tall enough for the stove yet so give us a year.

Daddy said...

Chip off the old blockhead...

I've still got him beat. I checked out how hot things get on the stove with my tongue when my mom said not to touch them...

It is genetic...

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Poor little guy! At least he'll probably never do it again!

Janice said...

Poor little man. I'm sure he'll be talking about the "scar" for a few days (until it disappears anyway). Julia did that before too - although, so far - it has only taken her ONE time to not EVER do it again! Hopefully Tab will be equally blessed.

Amy said...

oh no!! My son grabbed a pan of garlic bread, fresh out of the oven earlier this week.