Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blankie Kids

My kids have all been blankie kids. I recently was pulling out quilts that were made for my kids when they were babies to measure them in order to try to decide how big to make the blanket for the baby. Tab was watching and asking about them. I showed him one and told him that his grandma in the pink shirt made it for him. He asked if he was allowed to have it. I said sure and gave it to him. They have been inseparable ever since. (The crime is that when my mom made him this quilt I was of the mindset that he would ruin it and thus he never used it. It hung in his room for a while, but that is it. By the time I had Paisley I understood the true value of a handmade gift was in that it be used and loved not set aside to look at or just keep. Thus Paisley's quilts have been washed and used countless times. Tab's is now getting the loving attention that has been neglected it.) Benton woke up from his nap and wanted to know if he had one. So I pulled his out and gave it to him. They now have their baby quilts in rotation that both of their grandma's lovingly made for them.

No comments: