Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Cat in the Hat

With Dr. Seuss' Birthday being last week, The Cat in the Hat came to the local university with the Read Across America program. The boys really had a lot of fun. Tab was so excited to be able to meet the Cat in the Hat until he walked in the room and was ridiculously tall. I have to admit, I thought it was a little extreme. Benton however didn't care and went right up and gave him a high five! As you can tell, it took some coaxing to get Tab to be in this picture.They had a lot of really fun activities. I think Benton's favorite was coloring the door hangers.Tab really like making this "thingy". I can't remember what it is called. One of those pick a number things...come on...you know what I'm talking about. Anyway he played with it forever until I threw it away after he went to bed because I got sick of him crying because the paper was getting so flimsy that he couldn't make it work.
They also had a really fun time planting "clovers" aka marigolds, like the one in Horton Hears a Who. Benton mostly thought that the pots were stacking cups and it took some effort to keep him from dumping the dirt out.

No comments: