Monday, September 19, 2011

Cowboys and Indians

We recently read the book "The Indian in the Cupboard" to the boys. They LOVED it. We have two of the other books in the series and just haven't gotten around to starting them yet. (I have this annoying problem that when I sit down to read to the boys, I fall asleep while mumbling.) Anyway....the have shifted their interest only slightly from Pirates to Indians. Although the pirate phase I fear is long from over, it is kind of nice to see other types of play going on round these parts. As we don't have any Indian costumes (can you guess what is in store for Halloween this year?), Tab decided that he could pretend to be Boone (the cowboy from the book).Stick 'em up! I am proud to say that I have taught my boys to play cowboys and Indians in a very politically incorrect manner. I taught them to run around while patting their hands over their mouths while they they "howl". You know what I mean right? And they know all about scalping. Yeah, that's right, I'm totally awesome.

No comments: