Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ah, the Joys of Fall!

A new friend recently offered to teach me a valuable skill. Ok, fine, so I was listening in on a conversation where she was talking about plans to teach someone else how to make apple pie filling and I essentially invited myself. But, she didn't seem to be to terribly disappointed. She taught me how to make and can it and then I brought home the rest of my apples that I didn't finish that day (and borrowed some equipment) and finished making them the next day. Tab loved helping. He got really good at cranking those apples through!Both of the boys were big helpers with washing the apples. I only had to remind them a few times not to eat them while they were washing them.Boy did they make some yummy pie, the first good apple pie I have ever made! Thanks Melea!
I have a cute video of the boys helping but can't seem to get it to load.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Looks delicious. I think I totally would have invited myself as well:).