Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Break!

We went to Kansas City over break and had an absolute blast! We were able to do so many different things with the boys and they just ate it up. I think they would have been just as happy if it was just Jason that was there. They were seriously craving some Daddy time. So this is going to be an extremely picture heavy post because ... well ... I took a lot of pictures while we were on vacation.

On the way to Kansas City we decided to stop and see Liberty Jail. Tab was really cute. They had several narrations durring the tour and every time one of the narrations turned on, Tab said something to the effect of, "shhh, listen ... Jesus is talking".




Tab enjoyed the drive down for the most part. He just chilled while we begged him to take a nap.When we arrived at our Hotel we dropped everything off and the first thing Tab wanted to do was go swimming. Jason had been telling him for weeks that we were going to Kansas City and that we were going to go swimming. So, as far as Tab was concerned, that was all that we were going to do while we were there. Although we did go swimming, it was no t the first thing we did. Are you kidding... we needed some grub. So we went to the Crayola Cafe. It was the cutest little kid restaurant.
They had cool placemats that Tab and Jason enjoyed coloring. (Let's be real here... Jason enjoyed it more than Tab).
And they gave Tab a cool crayon cup to take home with him which he adores. Have a mentioned his adoration for anything with a straw sticking out of it. I mean, the kid would probably eat poo if it had a straw in it. Sigh...I digress. (And yes, that is rootbeer in his cup. I know, I'm horrible I let my kid drink soda. For a while I tried to curb it, but I'll be honest, I don't really care. He is his father's son and his grandfather's grandson, I think it is in his genes to be hooked on coke, or at least that is the excuse I'm using today.)Oh, and I was there too, see. This is one of the few pictures I'm actually in that isn't blurry...Jason has a shaking problem.
Oh yeah, Benton wants you to know that we was there too, but that I do draw lines and won't let him have soda... yet.
After our yummy dinner, we went next door to the Crayola store. All I can say is that it is a good thing that the store closed 10 minutes after we got there (and dude what is with everything closing at 6 PM? Crazy I tell you ... crazy) or Tab may have left with some seriously cool stuff. Anyway, they had a cool Tic-Tac-Toe wall that Tab and Jason had some fun with.
Tab also liked the art easle. I think he needs one of those in his room.




Tuesday was a beautiful day. This made our choice to go to the Zoo PERFECT. Almost as soon as we got there, Tab found a peacock. I think he wanted to ride it. We had to help him keep a distance.
Tab really enjoyed feeding the deer. It took him a while to get used to the deer licking his hand.

At the zoo they had a bunch of "tree house" type things. Tab and Jason thoroughly enjoyed playing in the caves and going down the slides.





There were all kinds of cool things to play on.

And for those of you who are aware of Tab's love for all things monkey can appreciate this picture. I think this is the one animal he spent the most time observing. I'm just sad that I didn't snap this picture moments earlier. Tab had put his hand up against the glass and the monkey immediately put his hand up to the glass right on Tab's. It was awesome.

Just look how cute those boys are. And Tab would not part with the sunglasses to save his life.
After a while, Benton got sick of Tab getting all of the attention so Jason strapped him on and he just giggled and squealed until he completely wore himself out and fell asleep.
The boys had fun riding this elephant. Unfortunately it was the only elephant that we were able to see that day. And the stick in Tab's hand. Ug... the stick in Tab's hand. Let's just say it still resides in the bed of the truck since Tab would not have anything to do with throwing it away. We were able to convince him that it had to stay outside and therefore it ended up in the bed of the truck where it will likely remain until I decide to not be lazy and get it and get it (aka the wind is more likely to remove it).
As I had mentioned we spent a little bit of time at the hotel pool. I think that we may have Tab swimming this summer if we can afford a pass to the community pool. He was confidently kicking around the pool with the noodles under his arms. We got him to let us help him float on his back while we just held our hands under his head. He wasn't very happy about being on his back though.On our last day in Kansas City we visited Union Station. I think we saved the best for last. They had a little train set going and Tab followed it back and forth until we forcefully made him move on to something else. Note that he is once again wearing sunglasses INSIDE. The kid is crazy.
Inside of Union Station was a place called Scinece City. Now this was the cool part. We literally spent about 4 hours here. It was essentially a hands on little kid's science center. They had SO much to do. And to be honest Jason and I had just as much fun and Tab did. It was each of us kind of running around looking at things and shouting to the others, "cool, come check this out over here".


Tab and Jason mini-golfing. Man I wish I knew how to post videos. (ok, I know how to post videos, I just don't know how to get the videos on my computer. Don't laugh). This was cool. The ball would go down one of the holes and puff of air would shoot it out and on the the green.


They had a section all about dinosaurs. They had a cool excavation site for the kids. (The dirt is little rubber pellets. Man can I get some of that in my yard instead? It is much easier to brush off of clothing... although it was pouring out of Tab's crocks for the rest of the day.) It just occured to me that perhaps this is why Tab has been asking me for the last week to watch a dinosaur movie and we don't have one.
In this same area, they had "bones" that you could use to build a Saber-Tooth Tiger. Tab thought it was cool. I know they both have dumb looks on their faces but they were growling for the picture.This part was pretty cool too. You can see that Tab has 3 different colored shadows. As you can tell, he enjoyed trying to figure it out.
Again Tab with a Train. I tell you this boy is obsessed with anything and everything having to do with Trains.
Here Jason, Tab and Benton were "driving" a train.

We played for a bit in this cool little park they had. Tab really enjoyed the fire hydrants with the bubbles.
Tab and I enjoyed flying this helocopter.
There was a water works area where they had all sorts of pipes with valves that you could turn on and off. They also had this cool croc...ok I know... it is an alligator...whatever.
On the way home we swung by the Far West temple site. Although there really wasn't much to see, we were glad that we stopped.

Phew.... That was a long stinking post. I hope you enjoyed reliving our vacation with me. We really had SOOOOOO much fun.

4 comments:

Alissa said...

That looks like so much fun! That Science Area is rockin!

Sarah said...

Alex was quick to find a stick at the zoo also. What's up with that?
Now we have to go to KC and see all that stuff -- thanks for the grand tour!

Anonymous said...

looks like a well needed fun trip. the boys are getting too big and very cute I might say!
Mom Crellin

Kimberlie said...

I am so glad you guys had so much fun. I still can't get over how big your boys are getting. We miss you a lot and can't wait to see you in a couple of months.